Have you ever thought of having both Froyo and Gingrbread in your X8 and changing from one ROM to another whenever you want without having to flash them?
This CWM Modification was created by nobodyAtall for use on Xperia X10mini(THREAD at X10mini Android Development).
You can have CM6 on phones' memory and CM7 on sdcard, I don't know if there's a limit on how many ROMs you can have on sdcard, as long as you have enough space(Remember, 400MB for every Boot option).
But you can only install CM7s as Boot options(As I think and read).
SHPIT was the first to test it on X8(as he posted at XGin thread), he used XGin 5.4(CM7) in Phones' memory and......XGin 5.4(CM7) in sdcard.
I was the first to test it with FroyoBread v017(CM6) on Phones' memory and XGin 5.4(CM7) on sdcard.
AS POSTED ON X10MINI Android Development BY nobodyAtall
- Select default boot option
- Unset default boot option
- Create boot option from zip
- Delete existing boot option
- Flash zip to boot option
I'll explain below.
-Now the only available ROM to set as a boot option is XGin 5.4.
-Download XGin 5.4(will be an UpdateXG5.4.zip) and anything else that you want to use with XGin.
WARNING: Before getting to the next steps please put whatever you want in UpdateXG5.4.zip such as Apps, FontDefault, the Bootsound fix, modules and everything you want.
You can not flash any update.zip as long as the providers make them for xRecovery and Free Xperia Recovery.
That's why should everyone use ClockWorkMod Recovery.
Shpits' XGin is based in ClockWorkMod Recovery(ROM, Updates).
- -Put UpdateXG5.4.zip in sdcard by mounting storage using -mounts and storage>mount USB storage.
- -Go to -multiboot menu and select Create boot option from zip, browse and select the UpdateXG5.4.zip.
- -Wait untill it's done.
- -Go to -multiboot menu again and select Flash zip to boot option.
- -Select the created boot option and then browse and select XGin-Multiboot.zip that you found in attachments.
Note: It sould have some numbers, not the original ROM name.
- Now, if you Reboot your phone, you will boot to the internal ROM(Phones' memory).
- To boot to the external ROM select -multiboot>Select default boot option and then choose the created boot option.
- Note: It sould have some numbers, not the original ROM name.
- Now Reboot the phone and let it boot to the default selected external XGin 5.4.
- Note: First boot is always slower than other times. Sometimes may take up to 5 minutes.
Note: When adding Google Account, make sure you un-tick "Back up data with my Google Account" or you will get FCs on internal ROM.
Multiboot menu explanations:
- Select default boot option: Select the created boot option in which you want the phone to boot by default.
- Unset default boot option: Unset the boot option from booting by default to make the phone boot from internal ROM(ROM in Phones' memory).
- Create boot option from zip: Select a .zip(ROM) to create a boot option from it.
- Delete existing boot option: Delete a boot option that you have created. (Unset it first)
- Flash zip to boot option: Flash update like on xRecovery.(The update should be created for use in CWM Recovery)
- -If you get a notification that your SDCARD is damaged, just reboot.
- -Sometimes, when you boot at external ROM and make changes(apps, settings etc.) and then boot into internal ROM, you may have FCs(Force Closes) at system. To solve this make....what else(?) Full Wipe. To prevent this make sure to un-tick Back up data with my Google Account when adding Google Account.
- Note: This will not happen if you follow the steps.
If you found any bugs PLEASE, send reports.
Thanks to shpit for the first test on X8 and for supporting me.
Thanks to nobodyAtall for making this Multiboot MOD.
Thanks to doixanh for several reasons.
Thanks to XDA-Developers.
All of this content is quoted from its original thread at xda-developers.com
tags: hvga, 320x480, xperia x8, android, optimus one, p500, xperia x8 games, xperia x8 games apk, xperia x8 apps, xperia x8 apk, multiboot, dual boot, froyo, xgin, gingerbread, froyo